When your favourite jewels don't look as sparkly as they used to, a good cleaning will make them shine bright like they once did. There's no need for expensive cleaners or fancy tools, you can make your own DIY jewellery cleaner with ingredients you likely already have at home! Thanks to the power of science, you can mix a few ingredients together to restore your favourite accessories' sparkle and shine.
What You'll Need:
- a small bowl
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of dish soap
- aluminum foil
- paper towel
- an old toothbrush
- Line the bottom of the bowl with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and dish soap on top of the foil and slowly pour the warm water into the bowl. The mixture will fizz, this is totally normal!
- Place your jewellery into the bowl on top of the foil and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Remove your jewels and gently scrub them with the toothbrush making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Carefully rinse the jewellery under running water to remove any excess soap and watch how they shine!